RE: Frustrated

Matthew,

 My harddrive is 128MB.  As to the install, I do the following:
 -boot from the low-mem disk
 -partition harddrive ( 3 partitions: 32MB swap, 3 MB minix, the rest as
native)
 -activate and initialize swap
 -activate temp root partition
 -exit (the system then asks for the Rescue Disk and moves into normal
installation)
 -Choose Color Screen
 -Configure Keyboard (US English)
 -Attempt to activate Swap (which fails)
 -Initialize and mount the Native partition as root
 -Install OS Kernel and Device Drivers
 -Config drivers (The only way I've successfully gone through this step is
to not configure anything)
 -Install Base System
 -Config Base System
 -Config Network (No, as I am not on a network )
 -Make Hard Disk Bootable
 -I make a boot floppy
 -I reboot

The system seems to do fine until it starts to try to allocate memory.
 The first error is usually "bash:fork can't allocate memory"  and then
"can't access shared libraries".

I hope this is the info you wanted.

OK. I suggest we simplify things. Forget the printer for the time being
(thus removing one potential config problem).

Now: how big is the hard drive?

How far did you get through the install before it failed (please tell me
exactly what you did; if necessary do it again and write it down)?

Thanks,

Matthew

 --
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo