Re: wmaker

On: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 08:29:00 -0500 Rick Knebel writes:

> Hi,
> Is there anyway in wmaker 0.91-1 to put something like slrn in the
> dock and assign an icon like news.xpm without changing every other
> xterm icon to this icon?

I have the following in my WMState:

        Applications = (
          {
            Command = "xterm -name root -fg black -bg orange -T \"Root Shell\" -e ssh -l root localhost";
            Name = root.XTerm;
            AutoLaunch = No;
            Forced = No;
            BuggyApplication = No;
            Position = "0,1";
          },
          {
            Command = "xterm -name news -fg black -bg seagreen -T \"News Shell\" -e ssh -l news localhost";
            Name = news.XTerm;
            AutoLaunch = No;
            Forced = No;
            BuggyApplication = No;
            Position = "0,2";
          },

Note how I use different names for the windows (the -name parameter to
xterm is important).  IIRC, I have run the command lines as given
above and put the app icon into the clip.

In the WMWindowAttributes I have the according icons defined:

  news.XTerm = {Icon = "wmaker-indigo2.term.tif";};
  root.XTerm = {Icon = "wmaker-sgi.term.tif";};

You can change this using the RightButton-on-the-Title/Attributes
menu.

	Torsten