Hamm Low Memory Installation From 1.2 MB Floppy

I am trying to install Debian Release 2.0 (hamm) on my PC -- 4 MB of
memory, 1.2 MB floppy drive, 40 MB hard drive for MSDOS, 120 MB hard
drive for Linux.

When I previously performed a successful installation of Debian Release
1.3 on my PC configured with 4 MB of memory and a 1.2 MB floppy disk
drive, a low memory root directory image was available which fit on a
1.2 MB floppy (lmemroot.bin).  The only low memory disk image provided
in Debian Release 2.0 is 1.44 MB (lowmem.bin)  Another file,
lowmemrd.bin, is also available from the FTP site, but is not referenced
in the installation instructions, so I don't know what it is for.  The
installation instructions are somewhat confusing, but if I understand
correctly, I am to "boot from the Low Memory Boot Disk" (section 7.1).
I think this means that I should select "floppy0" at the "boot:" prompt,
but I can't fit lowmem.bin on a 1.2 MB floppy in any case.  Could
someone offer some clarification?

Thanks,
Mark Von Hatten