Re: Help with mirroring Debian ..

On Wed, 9 Sep 1998 vaidhy@wwdg.com wrote:

 : Hi All,
 :
 :  I want to locally mirror the debian dist. Which is the better way..
 : rsync, wget or mirror ? I am planning to just do the base install, install one of these and then start the mirroring.

rsync is the easiest on your system - you must use the package from
slink and find a site that supports anon rsync (or get a login at a site
that supports rsync but not anon-rsync)

mirror is a bloated dog from hell :)  It works all right if you give it
lots of RAM to play with.  I've had it puke on machines with 64MB of
RAM, so beware :)

I don't use wget, so can't help you there.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD