Re: y2k (don't kill me!)

On Wed, Sep 09, 1998 at 12:03:28PM -0500, Stephanie A. Tomlinson wrote:
> Ok, don't kill me.. i know you all are probably tired of/avoiding/irked with/
> frothing at the mouth because of the whole y2k compliance bruhaha.
>
> I just gotta find out... where might i find an official bullettin or who might
> i talk to in order to get an official statement concerning debian linux's
> y2k compliance?

Did you check the debian web page? (is that not offical enough?)
There were statements about Year 2000 issues there. I believe acording to what
I read the system has been tested at dates Jan 1, 2000 and beyond.

In fact if I remember the only remaining issue with the system was CVS (has
that already been fixed?).

Of course...being a Unix-like system...the kernel defines time_t as a 32 bit
integer number of seconds since Jan 1, 1970 so....acording to that...
anything relying on time_t should be fine until... 3:14 am Jan 18, 2038
(give or take ;) I may have done the math wrong...but if so I should
only be off by a few days)

-Steve
E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"