Re: Backspace in xterm (again)

> I too have this problem few weeks ago.  What I did was:
>
> 1. Run xf86config
> 2. When it asks me for "Do you want to use XKB?" say yes.
> 3. Choose a preconfigured keymaps.  I selected then: "1  Standard 101-key,
>    US encoding"
>
> With this one, no more fiddling with xmodmap or anything, Backspace & the
> Delete key simply works.

I did a fresh install of hamm and slink, including the above, and
backspace and delete work fine, but Alt-backspace in an xterm[-debian]
just does a backspace (instead of a meta-backspace, as it does (and
should) on a text console or in an Emacs window.)

Does Alt-backspace work for anyone in an xterm (deleting the previous
word on bash input, for example)?  This worked fine in Bo and before.

--
Pete Harlan
harlan@pointofchoice.com