attacking ppp once more

once more delving into ppp, it seems prudent to split the problem into
pieces:

a) my laptop
b) my server

Things look really good from the laptop end; i navigate through, try to
connect, and get a message that my authentication is refused.

So my suspicion centers on the desktop machine, and that it's not
properly configured to receive the link (i've included gateway/
forwarding).

Could I talk someone into trying a connection, and seeing if it works?

thanks

rick

--
These opinions will not be those of ISU until it pays my retainer.