2.0 Setup

Everytime I try to install debian 2.0 I get the same symptom. It will load till it gets to a line
Ncr53c875J-0 copying script fragments into the onboard ram

After that it just locks up my system. I have a Fireport 40 scsi controller with a scsi Hard drive and cdrom. If it is a conflict with the card how do I change its IRQ it seems to be stuck on 11. Can I force detection on a diferent IRQ and mem address? I was told once to recompile the kernel but I am to new at this and can not learn it when I can not experiment with an operational OS. Once I have it installed I will learn a great deal more. Please give all the help yea can.

Thanks in advance,
Erik