Re: pine

> can anyone tell me how to get pine and pgp .deb packages on my machine.
> i have tried apt-get -d install pine and it seems that is not the name
> of the package.  Could someone tell me what the name for the pine package is?
> Thanks.

Can I suggest this gets added to the FAQ?

debian cannot distribute pine, so there is a pine wrapper. for hamm there
is the source as well:

I'm not sure if there is a wrapper for the newer pines.

HTH,

Matthew

pick:~$ grep pine /mnt/debian/dists/hamm/non-free/binary-i386/Packages
Package: pine-docs
Filename:
dists/stable/non-free/binary-i386/mail/pine-docs_1998-02-15-2.deb
 These are the pine user guide and the HTML document "Getting Started"
 as found in ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/pine/docs. They can not
 be found in pine source code, so they are in a separate package.
Package: pine396-diffs
Recommends: pine396-src
Filename: dists/stable/non-free/binary-i386/mail/pine396-diffs_1.deb
 This package contains the Debian diffs for pine in .deb format, to make
 Please read the README that will appear in /usr/src/pine after installing
Package: pine396-src
Recommends: pine396-diffs
Filename: dists/stable/non-free/binary-i386/mail/pine396-src_1.deb
 This package contains the original source code tarball for pine and pico.
 need to install the `pine396-diffs' package also.

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Selwyn College Computer Support
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Chamber/8841/