Re: X Background

On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 05, 1998 at 04:33:53PM -0500, D. W. Wieboldt wrote:
> > xsetroot -solid [color] &  is just fine for one color.  For a little
>
> xsetroot runs and terminates; no need for the & as far as I can tell.

Isn't that an .xsession issue though? I had the impression that the first
foreground process was to be taken as the "windowmanager" (I cant think of
a better word... windowmanager as an equivalent (controlling process?)),
and when it exits, so does the X session. I am probably wrong, but there
is only one way to learn!

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

                  Friends are relatives you make for yourself.