Re: Write permission to other partitions

David Densmore wrote:

> Is there a way to give write permission to a regular user to a directory
> other than /home/user?  I want to be able to write to my FAT32 partition
> without having to log in as root.
>
> Thank you,
> David Densmore <dden@rollanet.org>

	One way:  use the gid option of the fstab line for your vfat partition
to set the group id of the partiton when mounted.

	/dev/hda1  /dosc  vfat  defaults,umask=002,uid=0,gid=35  0  0

	id #35 is the gid for my 'dos' group.  Add your normal user to that
group.   umask=002 sets the dos group to have read/write access.  Man
fstab.

--
Ed C.