Re: anyone got a fix?

I'd been getting this error for quite some time, on both the the 1.3.1
and 2.0 releases.  The only unusual point on my setup is that I was
using one of the "additional" X-servers from S.u.S.E. (because I needed
support for the Permedia 2 chipset), and had created my XF86Config file
via their patched version of xf86config.  It had set up the keyboard
section as follows:

-----
Section "Keyboard"
    Protocol    "Standard"
    AutoRepeat  500 5
    XkbKeymap   "xfree86(us_microsoft)"
EndSection
-----

What I ended up needing to do, was to rewrite it as:

-----
Section "Keyboard"
    Protocol    "Standard"
    XkbRules    "xfree86"
    XkbModel    "microsoft"
    XkbLayout   "us"
    AutoRepeat  500 5
EndSection
-----

Seems to have done the trick.  Good luck!