2.1.120 Kernel, Eterm and X user access

Hi,

Today, i've download the 2.1.120 kernel sources, untarred them in
/usr/local/linux, do a make xconfig and a make-kpkg then a dpkg
--install...

So far, so good. Some lines added to lilo.conf to have access to my
pristine 2.0.34 Hamm kernel, just in case...

Reboot : all seems ok, dmesg just says :

=-=-=-=-=-=
TIOCSER?WILD ioctl obsolete, ignored.
TIOCSER?WILD ioctl obsolete, ignored
=-=-=-=--=-

Logon as normal user, then startx. Something strange happens : i use
fvwm2 and i've modified the /etc/X11/fvwm2/init.hook to include :

=-=-=-=-=-=
 + "I" Exec Eterm
 + "I" Exec Eterm
 + "I" Exec xemacs
 + "I" Exec rclock
=-=-=-=-=-=

But, for some reasons, the two Eterm don't want to start (XEmacs and
rclock are ok). Messages on the console are about Xlib which cannot
connect to :0:0 (refused by server) and client not authorized to
connect to server.

Xterm is ok... So i start an xterm, do a xhost +localhost and start a
Eterm from this Xterm. All is ok.

If my login is root, all is ok. So i suspect some authorisation pb
(the same pb arises with all the normal users)
but why only with this new kernel (i've no try since this compilation,
but all was ok with the 2.0.34 kernel).

As i'm new to Debian, i've no idea of what file may be protected
against normal users. Why this pb with Eterm, not with Xemacs, libs
differences ?

	Thanks,

Éric Jacoboni     « J'ai épuisé le tout-venant, je vais me risquer dans
                    le bizarre » (M. Audiard)