Re: is onboard aic7890 supported?

On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, Ali A. Kooshesh wrote:

> I have an ASUS motherboard  with on board AIC7890 SCSI controller.
> Both, my hard disk and
> CD ROM are SCSI.  Is there a  kernel that supports this device?

I have just booted on this controller for the first time.
There was a reference to:

ftp:ftp.dialnet.net//pub/linux/aic7xxx/testing/aic7xxx-5.1.0-pre8-2.0.35.patch.gz

in c.o.l.h, I grabbed it, got the sources for 2.0.35, then patched,
built and booted a kernel.

The only problems I had were that my drives were mapped differently on
a ncr53c8xx and that my old DAT tape hangs the scsi bus with
the aic7890.

rob
rir@phavl.ultranet.com