Re: X App Launcher?

David Warnock hat gesagt: // David Warnock wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using XFree86 (the suse one that supports Permedia 2 cards). I am
> currently using icewm as my window manager.
>
> I am looking for an application launcher that will sit on my desktop and
> provide direct access to applications. I guess I could change the menu
> but I would prefer to lick on icons.
>
> I would prefer something that does not tie me into a single window
> manager but it would also be nice if I could specify which virtual
> window items load in.
>
> It would be nice if it had a .deb package and was quick to setup.
>
> What are your suggestions?

Apart from the BIG solutions aka Gnome and KDE and the small ones built
into your favourite window manager (FVWMButtons in fvwm(2/95), WARP in
Afterstep), you could take a look at "tkdesk", which as far as I remember, has
a configurable button bar and is not tied to a window manager/Desktop
Environment.
--
						     __    __
 Frank Barknecht	   ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______