Re: X Windows

On Sat, 5 Sep 1998, Ken Westerback wrote:

> 1. ... don't know (I'm still using dselect, haven't tried apt)

Apt is good, and it is (apparently) the future to package installation,
and It will (as I understand) have an X interface.. but it is still in the

> 3. ... haven't played with it

> 6. ... Still working on this myself

install the 'diald' package.

> > 1.      Is there a different way to install packages while in X or should I
> > still be using dselect??
> > 3.      I want to install WINE....are there any steps that I need to take first???
> > 6.      Can I set ppp to start automatically when I need it??

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

      Unsolicited email advertisements are not welcome; any person sending
     such will be invoiced for telephone time used in downloading together
        with a NZ$ 40 administration charge.  (Hmmm another Stolen Sig)