Re: sound card

> OK, looking at your /dev/sndstat again, I see that you didn't configure
> any audio devices.

Yes, I think this is the problem. But I have no idea what kind of audio
devices the on motherboard YAMAHA OPL 3-SAx chip belongs to. All the info
I have is that it's "audio device for YAMAHA OPL 3-SAx ..."

> I'm not familiar with your sound card, but if it's a
> Sound Blaster-compatible, you'll need to select "Sound Blaster support"
> or somesuch.  OPL3 is a MIDI-to-audio interface I believe.

I did try to configure it with "Sound Blaster support". I put 5 for
the sound blaster IRQ (Win95 shows the IRQ is 5), but I got the
following error when issued "insmod sound":
sb: Interrupt test on IRQ5 failed - device disabled

Thanks for your help.

regards
xiaonan