Re: 2 net cards on the same network

Thanks, I want to do this because one card is an ATM card which is
155mb/sec but is in pre alpha stages in linux. I want the other card to be
there as a backup in case the ATM fails. I guess with that setup I could
just set both to the same IP and leave the ethernet car unconfigured
unless the ATM card dies.

BTW does anyone have a good script/something to test and see if an
interface has failed? I'm thinking the best way to do this is have
anouther computer connected to the server and to the network and have
the second monitor the server and tell theserver it if the ATM card has
failed.