Keyboard-switching

Hello friends!
==============

Now I have a big question: does anyone of you know something about
software which allows me to instantly change the layout and charset of the
keyboard while logged in XWindow??? Something like in Win95 (sorry to say
so) - you know, you can choose for example between U.S. keyboard and
Slovak keyboard. For writing texts it would be very preferable for me to
write using Slovak keyboard, but for working in the window of xterm I need
the classical U.S. keyboard. It would be very unpractical to change the
keyboard in the XF86Config each time.

Help, please!

All the very best,
Peter