		From erik@avondel.xs4all.nl  Tue Sep  1 00:36:00 1998
		Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 00:36:00 +0100
		From: Erik van der Meulen <erik@avondel.xs4all.nl>
		To: avondel@xs4all.nl
		Subject: Test erik

		Test

And envelope:

		E D.0006 D.avondelC0006 erik -CR D.0006 0666
erik@avondel.xs4all.nl 0 rmail avondel@xs4all.nl

The 'root' one:

		From root@souterrain_new.avondel  Tue Sep  1 00:35:28 1998
		Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 00:35:28 +0100
		From: root <root@souterrain_new.avondel>
		To: avondel@xs4all.nl
		Subject: Test root

		Test

With envelope:

		E D.0005 D.avondelC0005 daemon -CR D.0005 0666
root@souterrain_new.avondel 0 rmail avondel@xs4all.nl

This shows that the From: line in the 'root' message is the local address,
whereas the 'erik' is the proper internet address. It seems to be related to
my problem, but I am not sure at all.
If anyone has any suggestion where to look for the source of this matter, I
will be very thankful. Just in case this is useful, I quote the sendmail.mc
which I use to generate the sendmail configuration with:

		#
		# This file is used to configure sendmail for use with
Debian systems.
		#

		divert(0)
		VERSIONID(`@(#)sendmail.mc	8.7 (Linux) 3/5/96')
		OSTYPE(debian)dnl
		FEATURE(nocanonify)dnl
		FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
		FEATURE(use_cw_file)dnl
		FEATURE(use_ct_file)dnl
		FEATURE(nodns)dnl
		define(`confMAILER_NAME', `postmaster')dnl
		define(`confTO_QUEUEWARN', `1d')dnl
		define(`confTO_QUEUERETURN', `3d')dnl
		MAILER(local)dnl
		MAILER(smtp)dnl
		Cwavondel.xs4all.nl
		MASQUERADE_AS(avondel.xs4all.nl)dnl

		## Custom configurations below (will be preserved)

		MAILER(uucp)dnl
		define(`UUCP_MAX_SIZE', 10000)
		define(`SMART_HOST', uucp-dom:xs4all)MAILER(uucp)dnl
		define(`UUCP_MAX_SIZE', 10000)
		define(`SMART_HOST', uucp-dom:xs4all)

Thanks up front!

Erik van der Meulen <erik.van.der.meulen@cmg.nl>