problems with Cyrix MediaGX system

Hello All:

I am having a strange problem with a new motherboard.  The system is an
integrated Cyrix MediaGX CPU with on-board video and sound.

I can get the system to boot properly with teh Rescue disk and I can go
all the way throught the base system installation but the problems begin
when I reboot.

1. The disk partitions are never properly unmounted and need to be
e2fsck'ed every time.

2. The boot stalls when the 'hwclock' program is invoked.

3. The system seems sluggish for the 233 MHz equivalent system and when I
look at the timin loop measured by bogomips, I see a value of about 78
whereas my pentium Pro 200 gives 200 for bogomips.

4. My ISA ethernet card is properly detected to be at io=220 but when I
see the result of ifconfig, the io is reported to be at 230 and thus the
network is completely inaccessible.

I am thoroughly confused.

Carlo

Carlo U. Segre