Re: Fetchmail don't work for me !

On Mon, 31 Aug 1998 servis@purdue.edu wrote:

> *- Tony Schonfeld wrote about "Fetchmail don't work for me !"
> | i need to keep a messages from a pop3 account and send it to my
> | machine via smtp in multi-drop mode.
> |
> | well i use this form :
> |
> | poll <hostname> protocol pop3
> | user <username> password <password> smtp <my_smtp_server>
> |
> | all messages are stored in the root account  not each recipients.
> | i can't found the problem , my local DNS is ok and exim work very
> | well for me but not fetchmail.
> | i've read the FAQ but i haven't any ideas, please can you help me ?
> |
> | Many thanks per advance , Tony
> |

> Just a guess but it doesn't look like you are telling fetchmail who to
> send the remote mail to on the local machine.
>
> >From the fetchmail man page.
>
>        Here's  what a simple retrieval configuration for a multi-
>        drop mailbox looks like:
>
>          poll pop.provider.net:
>                user maildrop with pass secret1 to golux hurkle=happy snark here
>
>        This says that the mailbox of account  `maildrop'  on  the
>        server is a multi-drop box, and that messages in it should
>        be parsed for the server user names `golux', `hurkle', and
>        `snark'.   It  further  specifies that `golux' and `snark'
>        have the same name on the client as  on  the  server,  but
>        mail  for  server  user  `hurkle'  should  be delivered to
>        client user `happy'.
>
> You might also want to check out the fetchmailconfig setup program.

hello Brian ,
thank you for the reply and for others ,
finally i've found what is the good setup for me :

poll <server> localdomains job.com:
user toto with password toto to <my_server> * here

he work very fine now , i've only an imap server error without aborting
and the entire subdomain is deliver to my server .
I think fetchmail is very reliable and flexible but we can take
a time to read the man page because the syntax is little not clear
for newbie

Tony

> --
> Brian
> "Never criticize anybody until you have walked a mile in their shoes,
>  because by that time you will be a mile away and have their shoes."
> 							   - unknown
>
> Mechanical Engineering                              servis@purdue.edu
> Purdue University                   http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis

Tony Schonfeld - F5GIT - GRENOBLE - Voice/Data/Fax: +33 (0)476932598
Email: tony@schonfeld.easynet.fr  - tony@schonfeld.ml.org
WWW: http://schonfeld.home.ml.org - http://www.voiron.com/associations/ham/
Hamnet (ax25): f5git@f5ycp.frha.fra.eu - f5git@f5ycp.ampr.org