kernel package

When I installed debian 2.0 from CD I was asked what modules I wanted
configured into the kernel.  These modules are called out in
/etc/modules.  I have rebuilt the kernel using the kernel package
utility.  This created a debian kernel-image package which I
installed, thus upgrading my kernel.  (neat!)  It seems to have done
everything, except modify the /etc/modules file.  Is there a utility
that modifies this file to reflect the modules built with the new
kernel, or do I have to do this by hand?  (I added module support for
java, minux, etc).