Re: APM support?

On Mon, Aug 31, 1998 at 08:32:58AM +0200, Remo Badii wrote:
> I cannot remember having seen any suggestion to include APM support in
> the kernel during the (successful) installation of Debian 2.0 from the
> CDs using dselect. Do I really have to load the source file(s) from an
> FTP site and compile the kernel myself?
> How do I find out what else has been included as an option in the
> present kernel, so that I can include it in my next compilation (by the
> way, the first one in my life)?
> Thank you.
> Remo

Yes, I guess you will have to recompile the kernel. But you do not
have to download it. It is on the CD. You will need to install:

	kernel-source-2.0.34
	kernel-package			<- This one is important

Then have a look at /usr/doc/kernel-package/README.gz with zless.
Before actually doing it you can send me an e-mail with things
you might not understand.

Rafa