Trying to get started in the Linux world

Just ordered the Debian 2.0 CD's today and have very little knowledge of
Linux.
Would like some recommendations on disk partitioning with the present
system.
PII 300 w/128mb and 8gb . The present setup is dualboot to DOS and
NT4WS.
I am going to do a clean install of both before installing Linux.
 The present disk is partitioned as follows:
C: 200mb    FAT16       DOS
D: 3GB        NTFS        NT4WS
E:  4GB       FAT16        Empty(Linux)
F:  500MB   FAT16        Misc. files

I would appreciate any help on repartitoning for the Linux installation
on E:

The motherboard is an Intel AL440LX with the Yamaha OPL3-SA chipset
onboard. I have been unsuccessful in finding out whether this chipset is
supported.

TIA      Henry