trying to use exmh

I've installed exim and tried fetchmail a la the attachment.
The mail server at my ISP is mail.nac.net and I'm fairly sure
I remember my password (though I don't need it using Netscape).
Can anyone tell where I've gone wrong?  TIA  (or as we said
back in the olden days, adTHANKSvance)
Ralph Winslow		      rjw@nac.net
<Insert sardonic phrase here>
Script started on Fri Aug 28 19:12:16 1998
# fetchmail mail.nac.net

Enter password for rjw@mail.nac.net:
fetchmail: 9 messages for rjw at mail.nac.net.
reading message 1 of 9 (1263 header bytes) .fetchmail: SMTP connect to localhost failed: Connection refused
fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from mail.nac.net
# ^D

Script done on Fri Aug 28 19:12:49 1998