Re: Kernel

On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, kolds wrote:

>  What are some good resources for learning to how to generate a kernel.
>  I'm interested in creating a trimmed down kernel for Debian 2.0 which
> will fit on my 386 (4MB RAM).  Any suggestions for good 'how to'
> resources?
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

For a kernel how to there should be one under your /usr/doc/HOWTO/
directory or if you want the most up to date one check out the Linux
Documentation Project's Howto's at http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/
Hope this helps, this along with its pointers to the other relevant
HOWTOs got me through all my Kernel trials.

Ehren
Engineering Coop Student                  ewilson@bunny.powersurfr.com
Dept of Chemical & Materials Engineering   ewilson@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
University of Alberta				   PGP key ID 7841CB11

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat
and wrong.         -- H. L. Mencken