Re: apt error

On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Chuck Peters wrote:

 : I am using the stable release and installed apt.  While upgrading
 : and adding some things with dselect I got the following error.  I
 : thought it was OK to use apt out of the unstable release.  How do I
 : fix it?

What version of apt are you using? I issued an 'apt-get install isapnptools'
using apt-0.1.5, and it just went fine installing the same package as below.

 -Remco

 : Setting up isapnptools (1.13-3.1) ...
 :
 : dpkg: ../../../dpkg/packages.c:191: process_queue: Assertion `dependtry <=
 : 4' failed.
 : E: Sub-process returned an error code
 : Some errors occured while unpacking. I'm going to configure the
 : packages that were installed. This may result in duplicate errors
 : or errors caused by missing dependencies. This is OK, only the errors
 : above this message are important. Please fix them and run [I]nstall again
 : Press enter to contiune.