Re: force smail to queue outgoing mail?

On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, Will Lowe wrote:

> I'd like to force smail to drop all mail into an outgoing queue and wait
> to deliver it until I "runq" -- at the moment smail is trying to deliver
> mail to my smarthost,  and so diald brings up my ppp link for all outgoing
> mail messages.
>
> If I can get smail to just postpone delivery,  I can just do "runq" in my
> diald ip-up script ...
>
> 						thanks,  all.

from man 5 smailconf

       queue_only
           type: boolean

           default value: off

           If this is set then smail will not immediately attempt
           delivery for incoming mail. The smail program will
           then only attempt delivery when explicitly processing
           the input queue, such as when invoked with the -q
           flag.

So all you need to do is add:

+queue_only

to /etc/smail/config

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!