Re: PPP as normal user

*- john@dhh.gt.org wrote about "Re: PPP as normal user"
| Brian writes:
| > Am I interpreting this wrong?
|
| No, but your provider file does not include everything needed to make a
| dialup connection: some stuff is assumed to be in the options file.
|
| I still would like to know what became of your options file, though.  Could
| it have been destroyed by wmpp?
|
| I'll look into this smoe more this evening and get back to you.  Right now
| I have to go stack hay.

This setup, with no /etc/ppp/options file and only
/etc/ppp/peers/provider, has worked for months when pon(pppd) is called
from root.  I just wanted to let my user account call pon and things
went south.  This has nothing to do with wmpp, it was like this before
I tried using wmppp to call pon/poff.

--
Brian
							   - unknown