> >> ABORT "NO DIALTONE"
> >> ABORT "NO ANSWER"
> >> "" ATZ
> >> OK ATDT2230101
> >> CONNECT ''
> >> ogin: \d\q'us,ppp,thaths'
> >> ssword: \qpassword
> >>
> >> "" \d\c

> OK, terminal login looks like the way to go.
>
> The ISP starts PPP immediately, so your chatscript looks all right.
>
> I am a bit puzzled.
>
> Pleas etry to remove all lines after " ssword: \qpassword" in the
> chatscript.

I was able to get over the 8-bit clean problem.  Now what happens is I
see ppp0->/dev/ttyS2 happening after the connection is established.  I
try doing an 'ifconfig ppp0'.  I don't see the IP address getting set
properly.  The modem hang ups with no explanation.  Got to spend more
time debugging it.

S.
--
 "I saw this in a movie about a bus that had to speed around a city,
keeping its speed over 50, and if its speed changed, it would explode!