Unidentified subject!

>At 10:34 PM 8/23/98 -0200, you wrote:
>Trying to use a machine thats is running Win95 and Wingate(Proxy Software)
>>for a proxy server for my Debian Linux Machine. The Win95 machine is
>>connect to the net via cable modem. I can already get from net to the
>>linux box but not from linux box to the net. Anyone have an Idea how this
>>can be done?
>>

>>Toby
>I just did this the other day with the exact same setup - make sure you're
dns line is pointed >to you're ISP. BTW, Wingate is a gateway server, not a
proxy server.
>Tim

I owe everyone an apology for the above message, the server we set up at
work was Sygate, not Wingate...Sygate *IS* a gateway server and required me
to enter the ISP's DNS IP # on the Linux box.  I just took a look at
Wingate's readme file and they make no mention of gateways but numerous
mention of proxies.  Again, I apologize for providing erroneous information
to this list and to Mr. Bouzane.

Tim