Re: Debian 1.3.1 instal on a 386/40

Rolf Edlund wrote:
> Hi, I'm new at this list.
>
> Thinking on install 1.3.1 on a old AMD386DX/40 with 20Mb ram, a Mitsumi
> LU005S cd-rom (non-ide), an ET4000 graphic chip and no 387 processor.

Looks like my ftp/irc server.  However it crashed after 250 days of uptime.
:(

> Any problem ?

No.  Only little bit slow... but perfect for a router, ftpserver, irc server
etc.  We also have a 386sx20 in our network acting as web and ftp server.
Yeah, I love these machines.  It's much more fun to revive them than new
regular boxes with lots of power.

Regards,

	Joey

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.