Re: New SMB Timeout...

On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Jay Barbee wrote:

 : Another package that I could not get my Bo configuration to work with the Hamm
 : setup is SAMBA.  Shares seem to be fine, but when I use SMBCLIENT I get an
 : error such as:
 :
 : startlmhosts: Can't open lmhosts file /etc/lmhosts. Error was No such file or
 : directory
 :
 :
 : ...Then it simply hangs!

I had this problem when I was setting up Samba ... I'm sure it was the
wrong thing to do but I did `touch /etc/lmhosts' and it's been working
since ...

Perhaps Eloy will have the "real" fix :)

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD