Pygres not working on Debian 2.0

Hallo,

I cannot get pygres running on Debian 2.0 with postgresql 6.3.2.

The error message is this:

from pg import *

ImportError: /usr/lib/python1.5/lib-dynload/pgmodule.so: undefined
symbol: lo_creat

I had no problems on Debian 1.3.1 with libc5.

Is anyone using pygres on libc6 on Linux?  I would like to here from them.

This problem is causing serous trouble for me.  I cannot use my python
database programs.  If I cannot solve this, I will have to try going
back to Debian 1.3.1 or perl or C++ to program all this over again.
My problem is that I am very much a newbie C or C++ programmer and did
never use perl before.

Johann

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@alpha.futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg       |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the
      night. The heavens shall pass away with a great noise,
      and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, and the
      earth and the works that are therein shall be burned
      up."                     II Peter 3:10