Re: QUESTION

On Mon, Aug 24, 1998 at 09:55:10PM -0500, servis@purdue.edu wrote:
> *- Stephen J. Carpenter wrote about "Re: QUESTION"
> | On Mon, Aug 24, 1998 at 04:47:30PM -0700, Dimas Franco wrote:
> | > HI :-) CAN I RUN PROGRAMS FOR WN95 ON LYNUX LIKE AUTOCAD 14
> |
> | Hmm ok....the short answer is "NO"...but fear not :)
> |
> | There is a DOS emulator for DOS programs and there is WINE
> | (Wine Is Not and Emulator ;) ) which impliments the Windows API
> | for Linux AND has the ability to run Windows executables.
> |
> | Many Windows programs work under WINE many don't....I don't know if Autocad
> | does or not but...
> | It is possible to get CAD programs for Linux. You have to look
> | around....who knows...maybe someday...
> | AutoCad for Linux? maybe? :)
>
> Not likely. A quote from
> http://www.autodesk.com/support/techdocs/td16/td165384.htm,
> "While Autodesk no longer develops Unix applications...".  Booo!
> Previously they had versions on AIX, HP-UX, IRIX, and SOLARIS.

Well...they can always change their minds and change that to:
"While Autodesk no longer develops Windows applications...". :)

They will develop where the money is ;)
and who knows...with all the press Linux is starting to get and all...
maybe? hey it could happen

Course....I wouldn't hold my breath
Then again...I don't need CAD...tho I could use something better than
xcircuit for drawing circuits....

-Steve

E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"