Xterm color

Hi,

I'm having trouble with color support in xterm.

At the moment I am running xterm with the terminfo as xterm, which seems
to disable all color support (although ls --color still works ?).  When I
mean color support I'm talking about programs such as mutt and dselect.

When I change terminfo to xterm-debian I get color support on my local
machine, but when I connect to another machine (also debian 2.0) color
still doesn't work in mutt (although I now does in dselect).  I am
connecting via ssh (although I tried with telnet as well).

Is anyone able to explain this behaviour?   Can anyone tell me how to make
it work properly??

Also, I'd prefer not to use xterm-debian, as whenever I connect to uni
machines I get the message "Sorry, I don't know anything about your
"xterm-debian" terminal" whenever I try and run anything like vi, etc.  Is
there any advantage to xterm-debian (and anyway to make it more seamless?)

Thanks for any assistance,

Chris Leishman

Reply with subject 'key' for PGP public key.  KeyID A9E087D5