Re: Minicom question

Jim Foltz wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 22, 1998 at 10:06:48PM +0300, shaul@rakefet.debian.org wrote:
> > > I'm new to debian and maybe I' overlooking something simple, but have
> > > not been able to send a text file with Minicom. Can it be configured to
> > > do so? Thanks for any assistance.
> > > Kim Breedlove
> > > k4ycl@wilmington.net
>
> minicom needs the lrzsz package, did you install that one too? You can tell
> if it is installed if you have the sz and rz commands on your system.
>
> --
> Jim Foltz <aa204@acorn.net>

Thanks for the replies, I do have the lrzsz package installed and the
modem ( actually an external TNC used for amateur radio teletype) is
working . I can send by keyboard, but I need to be able to send a saved
ASCII file. When I use the command ctrl-A S and give file name, it
doesn't go out. Maybe I should be using another package other than
Minicom for this application, although I have used several
communications  programs in DOS that do this. If I am going to start
using Debian  on a regular basis, it  is vital that I be able to
transmit a saved file.
Thanks, Kim Breedlove   k4ycl@wilmington.net