SFIO and FastCGI problems for Debian 2.0

Hello,

I have been using Fast CGI Perl scripts on for my Apache web server. I
recently upgraded my system to Debian 2.0 and discovered that SFIO library
(from CPAN) does not compile on Debian 2.0 (the first step in implementing
FastCGI).

the 'make' error is as follows:

In file included from sfclose.c:1:
sfhdr.h:743: conflicting types for `bcopy'
/usr/include/string.h:187: previous declaration of `bcopy'
sfhdr.h:750: conflicting types for `bzero'
/usr/include/string.h:190: previous declaration of `bzero'
make: *** [sfclose.o] Error 1

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can go about implementing FastCGI on
Debian 2.0? As of now my best option is to back down to Debian 1.3.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Alex Panagides
Ceará, Brazil