Re: Exim -- Limiting size of messages

On Sun, 23 Aug 1998, Asher Haig wrote:

> Is there a way that I can limit size of messages (both incoming and
> outgoing)?
>
> Even better, is there a way that I can set it up so that those rules
> don't apply to select users (privledged users)?

You REALLY should subscribe to the exim mailing list and read the online
manual at www.exim.org

message_size_limit option

Option: message_size_limit
Type: integer
Default: 0

This option limits the maximum size of message that Exim will process.
Zero means no limit. It should be set somewhat larger than
`return_size_limit' if the latter is non-zero. Incoming SMTP messages are
failed with a 552 error if the limit is exceeded; locally-generated
messages either get a stderr message or a delivery failure message to the
sender, depending on the `-oe' setting, in the normal way. Rejection of an
oversized message is logged in both the main and the reject logs.

The above is a cut/paste from the online manual.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!