Broken TkMan

I seem to have broken TkMan on my Debian 2.0 i386 hamm system. It used
to work great, but since I picked up and installed a few packages from
slink (apt, gnome, kde etc. all of which work well enough), I get the
following messages from tkman.

Error in startup script: unknown color name "-font"
    (processing "-background" option)
    invoked from within
".man.show tag configure cmd -background -font "-family green -size 10
-weight normal -slant roman""
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval $t tag configure $v $change"
    (procedure "manPreferencesSetMain" line 114)
    invoked from within
"manPreferencesSetMain $w"
    (procedure "manPreferencesSetGlobal" line 26)
    invoked from within
"manPreferencesSetGlobal"
    (procedure "TkMan" line 436)
    invoked from within
"TkMan"
    (file "/usr/bin/tkman" line 9690)

Now I'm not a TCL expert, and maybe this isn't the right place to ask,
but I don't think it's TkMan which causes the problem since it's the
same version (tkman_2.0.6-3.deb) which was working before. I removed
and reinstalled it using dselect to see if that fixed it but no
dice. I also zapped my ~/.tkman* files to see if I'd inadvertently
changed any settings, but still the same error messages.

My guess is that something in slink (or me running tkman as root)
zapped some X resources which TkMan uses, but these could be the
incoherent ramblings of someone with TkMan withdrawal.

Anyone seen this or anyone know of an answer?

Shiraz.

--
Please remove 'noubce.see-sig. from my e-mail address to reply.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but I really, really, really