Re: telnet break-in

On Sun, 23 Aug 1998, D'jinnie wrote:

> You might also want to check out ipfwadm...the IRC remark was very timely,
> some moron from mcs.net was portscanning my machine last night :)

Walking into IRC these days is like going unprotected into the jungle. The
mosquitoes start to swarm instantly. I use the iplogger package and you
should see how a tail -f /var/log/daemon.log starts to scroll as soon as I
walk onto IRC.  That is why I stay away from it.  One of those little
bastards might get lucky and discover a hole that has not been fixed yet.

It is usually kids and they are trying all the obvious hacks trying to see
if they can get a prompt. Once I tell them that I can see what they are
doing, they usually run away.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!