Re: dependencies in dselect...

On Sun, 23 Aug 1998, Alan Su wrote:

 : is there anyway to permanently override the "suggests" form of
 : dependency in dselect?  i have a system on which i want xbase
 : installed, but not an xserver.  every time i run dselect, it insists
 : on changing the status of xserver-vga16, xfntbase75, and xfntbase100
 : (i think those are the ones) to "install".
 :
 : i've put these packages on hold, but that doesn't seem to help, it
 : just goes ahead and resets the status.  what's the right way to do
 : this, other than remembering to hit "Q" instead of just the Return
 : key...

That is annoying, isn't it?  I've got a headless server with xbase
installed ... everytime I hit the final enter during the Select stage,
it pops me into a conflict resolution window where it "suggests" an
xserver, xfntbase*, etc. ... at that point I hit "R"; "Q" and go on my
merry way.  Not 100% user-friendly, but not too onerous either.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD