Re: shutdown not unnmounting

Hi

I have a 1.1 system (yes, I know that is almost prehistory)
but I make money with it almost continuously, it serves the
purpose, so I havent messed with it since installation.

The problem is that SOMETIMES, not frequently,

	shutdown -h now

will stop before unmounting drives

The correct answer is to upgrade, but is there anything I could
do in the interim?

I have a draconian set of deadlines, and I don't want to do anything
that could result in this machine going down for any length of time.

--David