Re: Debian

On Thu, Aug 20, 1998 at 02:27:10PM -0700, John Conley wrote:
> Help, I am brand new to linux or unix, and I am afraid I dont know much
> about it.
>
> The install went great and the server is up, but I am unable to view
> files or directorys when logged in as root.  I can not change directorys
> when logged in root also.  Am I doing something wrong?  Please Help.

Hello John!

Waht you describe is hard to believe, seems that you are doing something
fundamentally wrong. It'd have been useful if you'd given error messages and
what you typed, so that we don't have to guess what is happenening.

The commands are as follows:

"cd" change directory
"ls" list directory
"cat <file>" show a file contents (without paging)

Let us know what youa re typing, and what the error message is, so we may be
of help.

Thank you,
Marcus