Keyboard dies when using xdm

I have a problem booting directly into X with xdm. I told the
instalation script to boot into xdm. By hand I removed runlevel 2
from xdms entry in runlevel.conf.

The problem is that when I boot into runlevel 3, the keyboard dies.

It works when I first boot into runlevel 2 and then as root writes
"init 3". It also works when I change xdms priority to 90 in
runlevel.conf. (Not very nice)

The only other difference that I can see is taht it writes: "Couldn't
locate module char-major-6" in the xconsole.

I belive that char-major-6 is /dev/lprX. I have not any printers on
this box.

--
Makholm d.y.