Re: fixing my host name!

On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Lane wrote:

> Although the scenerio you paint shouldn't be causing a problem, you could
> get a permanent hostname through dynip.com (see www.dynip.com).  It is a for
> $ service but pretty cheap last I checked.  No I do not use it (yet) but a
> friend of mine does and he is very happy.  I understand they have or are at
> least working on a Linux port.

Why dont you try www.ml.org. They supply a dynamic IP DNS entry. something
along the lines of:  <yourhost>.dyn.ml.org

And, it's free :)  You can use a script in your ip-up.d directory, that
uses lynx, to update the IP address of your box every time you log on.

I use this service, simply so local friends can telnet in to use
more advanced route checking utilities :)

> Good luck.

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

               DOS never says "EXCELLENT command or filename"...