Re: Connection Refused

On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, George Bonser wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Kennedy Mutio wrote:
>
> > I have just installed debian linux onto a machine and added it to my
> > network but I cannot telnet frm any other machine on the network to this
> > new machine. I have checked the hosts.allow and hosts.deny files in /etc
> > and changed them. I might have done this wrong but does anyone know what
> > else I should change/configure?
> >

> What do your hosts.deny and hosts.allow files look like? Is there a reason
> for dropping the connection in /var/log/daemon.log?
>

> George Bonser
>
> The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!
>

> --

My hosts.allow file reads (after the intro/example)
ALL: .earlham.edu

My hosts.deny file reads (after the intro/examples)
#ALL: PARANOID

An exerpt from var/log/daemon.log reads as follows

pascal kerneld: started, pid=108, qid=0
pascal init: Switching to runlevel: 6
pascal cardmgr[98]: starting, version is 3.0.0
pascal cardmgr[98]: no sockets found!
pascal cardmgr[98]: exiting

I hope this is helpful. Please ask any questions that would help you help
me.

Thanks,

Ken.