Re: CDE

On Wed, Aug 19, 1998 at 10:57:47PM +0800, Richard L. Alhama wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Joe Stewart wrote:
>
> > Chris, Try xfce <http://www.linux-kheops.com/pub/xfce/en/index.html>.  It
> > does include the window manager xfwm, but does not require it. It is a
> > toolbar which resembles cde.  The binaries are in rpm.  Just run alien on
> > them and install with dpkg.
> >
> > Hope this helped.
> >
> > Joe
> >
> > On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Christopher Wesneski wrote:
> >
> > > Is there a window manager for debian similar (if not the same as) to
> > > CDE? The closest one I can find is Openlook Virtual but I would rather
> > > not use it.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
>
> or FVWMCDE.  No debianized package for this.  And the server is located in
> here in the Philippines which may take some time to d/l.

hmm sounds cool...

> http://lilith.mozcom.com/~orly

um...is this the right url?
I checked there...all I found was no files and a single directory "admin"
which brings up a web based admin page for what looks like handling acounts
on the server...but um...all password protected.

I tried the root of the server...still nuthin.,...just about 10 lines of text
and links off to other places.

-Steve
E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"