Re: modprobe

On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Tony Crawford wrote:

 : On 18 Aug 98 at 23:10, count zero wrote:
 :
 : >  hi to all,
 : >  when i boot up my linux debian 2.0 i find this message
 : >
 : >  modprobe: can't locate module char-major-10
 :
 : Me too!  Can you please forward any personal replies you get
 : that don't go through the list?

I've never seen this problem myself ... but, looking in
/etc/conf.modules I see two lines which may be helpful.

First, one finds this line:

  alias char-major-10-130 softdog

which is for the software watchdog.  If you aren't running a kernel with
software watchdog support, I think you could comment out this line.

Also, there is this line:

  #alias <whatever you don't have that kerneld complains about> off

so in your case I would add a line which states

  alias char-major-10 off

Hope this helps!

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD